Recently, the gaming industry has become extremely popular due to Mobile gaming. As a result, smartphone users are now inclined to play games on PC platforms as well. Thus, this has helped to increase the popularity of online multiplayer games. Currently, there are many online games that you can play with your friends. Some of the most popular ones include PUBG, Fortnite, FIFA, etc. However, cheaters and hackers have become a daily nuisance in such games. Hence, game developers have started enforcing anti-cheating measures. EasyAntiCheat is an example of such a program.
What is EasyAntiCheat.exe?
Easy Anti Cheat is an anti-cheating software developed by Kamu. Due to its efficiency, it quickly became a viable replacement for PunkBuster. The program is automatically installed along with the online multiplayer game that uses it. This can run on both Windows and macOS.
The sole purpose of the program is to prevent hackers and cheaters from cheating in-game. It can also render the cheat useless if detected. Therefore, it may completely block the cheat from executing at all. Additionally, they can get these cheaters banned by reporting them to the developers. For this, it continuously runs in the background along with the game itself. Thus, it monitors your PC for any erratic behavior to detect cheating.
How does EasyAntiCheat.exe Works?
To begin with, Kamu doesn’t disclose its functionality to end-users. This is done to prevent the cheaters from finding a workaround to the software. However, they have stated that EasyAntiCheat uses a special approach which includes studying the source code and implementing advanced algorithms.
On the other hand, their document loosely explains what they actually detect. For the most part, cheating is detected if there are any changes in the following.
- Memory of the Game
- Modified Game Files
- Modified System Files
- Debugging Tools
Apart from these, there are a lot of other factors that aren’t disclosed. However, the program will automatically report the player if any cheating is detected.
Which Games uses EasyAntiCheat.exe?
Incidentally, some games have their own version of anti-cheating programs. Therefore, not all games use EasyAntiCheat. For example, Steam’s anti-cheating program is called VAC which is short for the Valve Anti Cheat system. Some other notable games with their own programs include Blizzard and Overwatch.
Accordingly, EasyAntiCheat is popularly used by Fortnite Battle Royale. Therefore, if you have Fortnite EasyAntiCheat is already installed in your system. Other games using this program include the following.
- Far Cry 5
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands
- Watch Dogs 2
How to Disable Easy Anti Cheat?
There are different approaches to disable EasyAntiCheat. However, these approaches require you to do the same thing. Here, we have provided instructions for Steam Games and normal games in general.
If you have installed through Steam
- Launch the Steam application on your desktop. Thereafter, head over to your Steam library.
- Here, you will see the list of all the games you’ve bought and downloaded. Select and right-click the game you want to disable EasyAntiCheat for.
- Thereafter, click on Properties and select ‘Set Launch Options’. Now, a console should appear.
- Here, you have to type “-eac_launcher” and save your settings. Make sure that the game is not currently running in the background.
- After this, EasyAntiCheat will not run along with the game.
If you bought and installed from Elsewhere
- First, close the game if it is currently running in the background. Thereafter, navigate to the executable file which is used to launch the game. You can find it in the installed directory, desktop or search it in the Start Menu.
- Then, right-click on the application and choose Properties. A small window will appear. Here, go to the Shortcut tab.
- Next, you should see the path location of the executable file. Click on it to select the text field.
- At the end of the line (after the quotes), type “-eac_launcher” and click on Apply and then Ok.
- Now, launch the game and EasyAntiCheat will not run along with the game.
Note – The above instructions will disable EasyAntiCheat but it will turn off Multiplayer mode as well. EasyAntiCheat is a required process to play the multiplayer modes of any game. However, you will be able to enjoy the game locally.
How to Uninstall Easy Anti Cheat?
As explained earlier, EasyAntiCheat is installed in the system along with the game. Also, it is a necessary program that is required while playing any multiplayer mode. Therefore, uninstalling it would create problems with the game.
However, you can uninstall EasyAntiCheat from your system by following the instructions below.
- Press the Windows logo button along with the letter ‘E’ at the same time. Next, navigate to the directory where you have installed the game.
- After opening the game folder, click on the top-left search bar. There, type ‘EasyAntiCheat’ and press enter.
- Now, you should see a file called ‘EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe’. Right-click on it and run it as an Administrator. This will launch the program’s installer.
- Next, you will see an option to Uninstall it at the lower left of the window. Click on it and follow the instructions that follow.
- Alternatively, you can click on the Repair problem if you are facing issues with the software. If you have previously uninstalled the program, you will see the option for ‘Install’ instead.
After the uninstallation, you will not be able to play popular games like Fortnite EasyAntiCheat. It is extensively used with Fortnite and it will return an error that it is not installed in the system. Alternatively, Fortnite may even reinstall EasyAntiCheat in the system and reboot itself.
Also, you can automatically get rid of EasyAntiCheat if you uninstall the game altogether. Since it is bundled with the game, it will be uninstalled with it too.
In summary, EasyAntiCheat.exe is an important application that is used by Fortnite and other popular games. It helps to detect cheaters and hackers whilst reporting the same to the developers. You will not be able to play multiplayer modes if you disable or uninstall it from your system. Therefore, you should not try to tamper with this process to prevent such problems.